The Unvarnished Truth About Illegal Immigration
January 21, 2019
This is a crisis on our southern border. For years those who promote open borders continue to regurgitate same the static number of 11 million people who reside in the U.S. illegally. An updated MIT/Yale study reveals the real number is closer to, if not exceeding, 22 million and a Fazel-Zarand study showed it could be as high as 29.1 million. This is a big ball and chain for American taxpayers to carry. Even when economic growth abruptly halted during the great recession of 2008, illegals still flooded the U.S. in an unending river.
The Economic BOOM! Factor
Now that President Trump has ignited America's economic engine, the number of illegals sneaking over our border has skyrocketed.
- Businesses are moving back to the U.S.
- Manufacturing jobs are making a comeback that President Obama assured were gone forever.
- Unemployment for blacks, Asians and Hispanics is at all-time lows.
- For young people, it's the lowest in 52 years, and for women, unemployment is the lowest in 65 years.
- The number of people working now is the greatest in America's history and people in economically disadvantaged countries want a piece of the American pie.
- Unemployment under Obama could do no better than 4.7%. Under Trump it's already at 3.7%. Obama simultaneously slaughtered good paying full-time jobs and replaced them with poor-paying part-time positions.
- Obama slapped on so many regulations that it strangled business growth while simultaneously tying up established companies in red tape. Since Obama's departure, Trump has removed more regulations than any president in history. For every new one passed, the president removed 22 his first year in office and in 2018, he exceeded his campaign promise of removing 2 for every new one. Once unhampered, businesses took off.
- Instead of the U.S. bankrupting itself by paying more than all other countries combined to the UN, Trump is asking (and getting) other countries to pay their fair share.
Wanted: Educated, Skilled Employees
While there is a need for employees, it is for skilled, educated personnel. Check the latest info from the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the chart above. Virtually all of these jobs require skill and or higher education. Speaking and writing our language is mandatory except in construction. We hear many job site workers around Colorado speaking nothing but Spanish. It doesn't require English to hammer in a nail or haul a 2x4. When we walked over to see a home under construction, we asked to the see site plan and he couldn't understand a word except 'hola.' The site manager understand a bit more, but his English more Spanglish.
Counting the Costs
Pro-open border people, continually parrot that illegals contribute to the economy in taxes. They do, but in a comparatively insignificant way to the tune of about $19 billion year, but they cost U.S. taxpayers roughly $135 billion during that same time. Much of their huge bill is driven by free medical care, education and law enforcement. That's hardly an equitable trade-off.
Illegal immigration has also burgeoned into a massive problem because of the diseases including TB, Pneumonia, Influenza and Parasites coming with them and the burden on our infrastructure. Most don't even have a high school education and are often illiterate even in their native tongue. So the chance of them qualifying for most positions in the medical and IT industry, and the other job fields outlined above is exactly zero. Instead they go on welfare, which is an enormous bill for Americans to foot because we have big blind compassionate hearts.
Overwhelmed and Underpaid
Shelters in border cities and at ports of entry are beyond capacity. Border agents admit they are being overwhelmed by the illegal, uninvited masses. They want border barriers to help stop human traffickers and unimaginable amounts of illicit drugs in addition to the huge influx of illegal aliens, and funnel them into ports of entry.
Agreed, an overhaul of our immigration system is waaaay overdue. LEGAL immigration takes too long years massive loopholes exist in Federal law like catch-and-release and overcrowded detention facilities that ends in FREE release into American cities and towns, and immigration courts are backlogged by 900,000 cases.
Most egregious is the anchor baby law, which twists the 14th Amendment that applied to slaves back in the day, not illegal immigrants today coming here to 'drop a joey' to secure citizenship. Unfortunately, hundreds of liberal Obama-appointed judges have stacked the courts in their favor. Most onerous is the 9th Circuit Court in California. This is where every liberal beats feet when they want to block President Trump's proposed legislation to fix our immigration system.
Trumping stupid immigration laws is the policy that says if even 1 TOE of an illegal hits U.S. soil, they have to be let in. We happily recognize this for Puerto Ricans as Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and they are U.S. citizens. The rest of the world is not so they should have no claim here.
Most offensive is that those who do the right thing by submitting immigration paperwork and fees, background checks and all the rest, are shoved to the back of the line by millions of illegals pushing their way to the front. However, an immigration overhaul still would not curtail the stampeding masses with a bulls-eye on our southern border. It requires more and better physical barriers, technology and additional border agents.
Border Crisis in 13 Points
1) In 2018, 17,000 adults at the border with existing criminal records were arrested by CBP and border agents.
2) In 2017 and 2018, ICE arrested approximately 235,000 aliens on criminal charges or convictions already inside the U.S including 100,000 for assault, 30,000 for sex crimes and 4,000 for murder.
How sick are you of politicians saying that illegal immigrants commit far fewer crimes than U.S.-born citizens. Two things they conveniently aren't factoring in.
- Taking the mean number of 22M illegals compared to the entire U.S. population of 328M, that's a 1-15 ratio. Naturally the number of their crimes is smaller.
- More importantly, if they weren't here in the first place, tens of thousands of assaults, rapes and murders wouldn't have been committed.
3) 60,000 illegal and inadmissible aliens a month arrive on our Southern Border.
4) In December 2018 alone, 20,000+ were minors smuggled into U.S.
5) The backlog at Immigration Court is nearly 900,000 cases.
6) In 2017, approximately 135,000 illegal and inadmissible family units arrived from Central America. Less than 2% were removed due to shortage of resources and loopholes in federal laws.
Photo: The impression in Central America is that if you push north before new
immigration laws are passed, they will get a path to U.S. citizenship.
7) So far in 2019, there is a 280% increase in family units from 2018.
8) Democrats and others who bark protests at a physical barrier have overlooked 2 critical problems or maybe they're counting on this.
- 1) In the case of an EMP strike, chips in the technological aspects of border security would be fried and rendered useless. Since such a destructive outage would last months, possibly years, people would become desperate and a border wall would be more crucial than ever. Why would we take in foreigners when 48.8 million Americans, including 16.2 million children, go hungry here every year?
- 2) Drones can't fly in rain. In reality, border security would be no better than it is right now porous as Swiss cheese.
9) Drugs seized at Border Jan-Aug 2018:
- 47,945 pounds Cocaine
- 4,813 pounds Heroin
- 283,084 pounds Marijuana
- 67,292 pounds Methamphetamine
- 1,357 pounds Fentanyl (thru July 31)
Think about this: 2 milligrams of Fentanyl = 600,000,000 lethal adult doses. The amount of Fentanyl brought into the U.S. in the first 7 months of last year those 1,357 pounds was enough to kill every man, woman and child TWICE. Keep in mind it takes considerably less than 2mg to kill a baby. This doesn't take into account all the Fentanyl that wasn't intercepted, nor does it count all the deadly pounds that was brought into the U.S. before and after those 7 months.
Pictured right is what a lethal dose of Fentanyl looks like compared to a penny. If nothing else, the amount of deadly drugs flooding America through our southern border, constitutes a national emergency.
10) 300 Americans die every week from heroin 90% floods across our Southern Border.
11) Illegal immigration as humanitarian crisis:
- 1 in 3 migrant women sexually are assaulted on trip to the U.S.
- 50 illegal migrants a day are referred for emergency medical care
- CBP rescues 4,300 people a year who are in danger and distress. Read the rest here.
- The journey to the U.S. through Mexico is so dangerous for girls and women that 60-80% are raped by guides (coyotes), fellow migrants, bandits and government officials. Birth control doesn't require a prescription in Mexico and mothers make sure they and their daughters take contraceptives before traveling. Even priests are handing out birth control to them.
12) Unqualified for asylum. Honduras Foreign Affairs Vice Minister, Nelly Jerez, was honest with Fox News reporter, Griff Jenkins. She shared on January 14, 2019 that there are 3 main reasons for the Hondurans leaving their country.
1) Better job/quality of life because of lax U.S. immigration laws
2) Reunite with family members already in the U.S. and
3) Escape violence.
These aren't qualifying reasons for asylum in the U.S., which requires proving a well-founded fear of persecution in their home country on account of race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. Wanting a job is a non-starter.
Yesterday, Griff interviewed members of the first 2019 Honduran caravan that left on January 15th. It now has about 3,000 people. A second 2019 caravan departed El Salvador for the U.S. the next day, and a third 2019 caravan left San Pedro Sula, Honduras for the U.S. at 5:30 yesterday morning. So, this is what, the 4th or 5th caravan now from Honduras?) This IS NOTHING LESS THAN AN INVASION.
Caravaners openly admitted to Griff they are looking for work, period, which they can get in Mexico. Mexico is freely offering them work visas. They further admitted they have no intention of coming into the U.S. legally, but plan to sneak across the border.
13) One is the dumbest, most pointless, ill-considered 'solutions' politicians have suggested to curtail the massive caravans from Central America is to PAY these countries even more money. Two things are really wrong with this:
1) It hasn't worked so far and
2) Corruptocrats grab the money before it reaches the people.
In just 4 years, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador will have received nearly $1.3 BILLION from the U.S. and their people are still coming in massive caravans.
As long as corruption within these countries remains rampant and uncontrolled, our foreign aid doesn't and won't reach the people, for the greatest part. One article described the non-stop corruption there as a "habit". It further revealed that 1/3 of the people in those countries have had to pay bribes to access public services, so the $$ are not reaching the masses.
Percent of people who have had to pay bribes:
- El Salvador: 31%
- Guatemala: 28%
- Honduras: 33%
- Nicaragua: 30%
So why should Americans continue to pour our tax dollars down an endless black hole when the success rate of combatting their corruption is described as “grim”.
This is their way of life and never more clearly portrayed than when the brother of the Honduran president was arrested 6 weeks ago in Miami on large-scale drug trafficking charges.
Funneling even more cash into Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador is yet another false solution to encourage illegal immigrants to stay in their own countries much like our politicians who say walls don't work.
Walls DO Work
Ask any of the 77 countries who have built them. Ask our Border Patrol Agents. Ask Americans who live by the border that now have physical barriers and didn't previously. They share it's cut down illegal traffic to virtually zero. Their homes are no longer being broken into. Ask our farmers who live there, too. Their property / cattle fencing is no longer being cut down, their outside water not left running, their crops aren't being trampled and stolen or their animals stolen, nor are enormous piles of filth and trash dumped on their land. Ask these experts who know walls work, see that walls work, yet politicians most who have never even visited our southern border say they don't.
This border wall fight that President Trump is waging is for nothing less than the preservation of our country. Believe it!
© Holly Deyo, 2019