Why Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition is So Important
Without doubt, the number one question Stan and I have been asked over the years is: Where is safe? Considering our drastically changing weather and now, terrorist concerns, this question is more prescient than ever. No one can guarantee 100% safety for any location, however, there are more clever places to live.
Even if you're not relocating, Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition will inform you about the community you call home. Understanding its pros and cons, its strengths and weaknesses will enable you better prepare for the unexpected.
If you are considering a move, Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition will help you avoid pitfalls.
Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition answers all these questions and many more:
- Where is nuclear waste stored and what route does it take when moved?
- Where are toxic waste sites?
- Where are known terrorist cells?
- Where is the cleanest air?
- Where can I find fresh water?
- What are prime nuclear targets?
- What counties are less prone to floods and tornadoes?
- Where's the best climate?
- Where are the nuclear reactors and do they pose a problem?
- Will rising sea levels flood my area?
- Where can I be protected from skin cancer?
- Which counties have the least acid rain, animal waste pollution and pesticide contamination?
- What is the likelihood of an earthquake?
- What's my seismic risk and is a major fault close by?
- What counties have the least natural disasters? The most?
- What counties are in Hail Alley?
- Where are the chemical weapons and deadly germ facilities?
- How can I find caves and mines?
- Where are the military bases?
- What counties are hit with the most hurricanes and how far inland do they go?
- What counties have the least crime?
Whew! That's a lot, but it's just the start.
Thinking of living off grid? Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition reveals where the best rural locations are plus which counties produce good wind power, solar and geothermal energy. You'll also want to know the top locations for fresh air, clean water, least drought and good gardening. What counties have the right amount of rain, sunshine and temperature for you?
Interested in purchasing a farm? Where is farmland not owned by the government? Where are river and lake fish OK to eat? Need elbow room? Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition shows population density and where the masses are moving to. You want to be where they aren't! You'll also see the locations of main rivers and lakes for each county as well as major road and rail routes, and faulty bridges. These will be important if you need to evacuate.
We all need to make a living, so where are money and jobs? What counties have the highest income levels? If finding a church is important, Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition shows where different faiths predominate. Is ethnic diversity a must? Then check the population distribution maps. If you've asked any of the above, Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition has the answer to these questions and much, much more!
About the Data
The latest data have been garnered from many areas, primarily from scientific, government and statistical sources and presented in easy-to-understand maps. Wading through heaps of text is not necessary though supplemental information is provided if you want to know why an issue is important. We encourage you to look at these sections, because they are beautifully illustrated and may answer questions not covered by a map.
Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition covers six main areas:
- Natural Disasters
- Manmade Disasters
- Environmental Basics
- Environmental Problems
- Energy, and
- People and Places.
You'll find maps on the right column in the Table of Contents and additional topic information on the left.
Within these chapter headings, you have access to 69 main topics, plus additional subtopics. Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition contains over 550 maps, numerous informative tables, beautiful large photographs of America, plus a myriad of bonus data. Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition is visually enjoyable as well as informative.
Prudent Places USA 3rd Edition shows maps to a county level all 3,141 of them! As a result, maps are very large and must be presented in CD-ROM format. It does little good to give a broad stroke picture when there are pockets of safer places in nearly every state. Maps can be printed on transparencies and overlaid for a defining view of areas that interest you.
Now, how about some tips on finding a prudent place?